E- Governance & ICT
TSCPL has played a lead role in providing a range of consultancies in the ICT and E – Governance Sector. These include;
We have extensive experience in designing and implementing large and customized Management Information Systems (MIS) for a variety of applications. We define MIS as systems that use information technology to capture, transmit, manipulate, store and retrieve information to facilitate more informed decision making by managers at all levels. We have developed and implemented computerised Management Information Systems (MIS) for a variety of applications, including:
- Monitoring & evaluation systems
- Web-based database management systems
- Project management information systems
- Revenue billing & collection
- Inventory management systems
We have provided support to a range of projects in GIS integration linking spatial and non-spatial data that can improve coordination and outcomes of different development interventions in a country. We have developed and executed GIS in many areas including;
- Revenue (tax) mapping – showing details of all municipal taxes and charges, like Property Tax, Trade Licenses, and Water charges, etc.
- Public infrastructure mapping – showing the details of municipal infrastructure like roads, street lights, and public taps etc.
- Poverty mapping – showing socio-economic attributes of the poor households.
The GIS tools we have worked on are Arc View, Arc Info and Egomania
We have extensive experience of working with a broad range of organisations to develop and implement IT strategies. We envisage IT strategy development as the process of formulating a vision of how to incorporate computer technologies into all business processes in ways which maximises efficiency gains at best value cost, and then developing effective implementation plans. In developing an IT strategy for client organisations we typically work to create a roadmap that bridges the gap between existing IT systems and processes and the vision of how the organisation wants to use the power of Information Technology in future.
We also provide support services in ICT procurement management, Systems Requirements Specifications, Testing, and Deployment apart from Capacity Building developing Databases, websites, web-portals, Business Process Re-engineering including identifying and studying gaps in the processes of businesses and governments, addressing their change management needs as well as devising ways to improve them, e- tools and e-learning.