baked cod with breadcrumbs and parmesan

The Parmesan-crusted cod … I will definitely make it again. Heat the butter in frying ... minutes. If you’re looking for an easy, quick, and fresh way to feast on seafood this summer, well look no further. Bake in 325 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes (uncovered) until fish flakes when pressed with a fork. If possible, buy fresh fish and use it that day or one day later. This is the perfect baked fish recipe. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I also used panko breadcrumbs which held up well as I reserved a uncooked portion of fish for the next day and the topping was still crunchy when it was baked. Using Panko in this Crispy Parmesan & Panko Baked Cod recipe gives it the yummy crunchy texture of fried fish but it is much healthier! Substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill for the fresh dill if desired. Pan fry in a little oil for 2-3 minutes until just tender. This baked cod with Parmesan and garlic butter is low in carbs, a great source of healthy fats and protein, and tastes absolutely divine! Place in the oven for 25 mins or until flaking. If you have some fresh or frozen fish fillets on hand (such as tilapia or haddock), this recipe is an easy way to get a delicious dinner on the table fast. Mound each fillet with 1/4 of the breadcrumb mix and pat down firmly on fillet. I had Spanish mackerel fillets. In another shallow bowl or plate, combine panko bread crumbs, How to Make Parmesan Crusted Cod. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Squeeze lemon juice over the baked cod. Place the cod on the rack, folding under any thin … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Panko Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod When I was a child, my family would always take the kids to a Friday Fish Fry for all-you-can-eat battered cod. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. The breadcrumb coating gives it crunch - so you won't miss the less healthy fried version! Info. How to Make Parmesan Crusted Cod. and so low in fat! For this recipe I kept it simple with salt and pepper because of the Parmesan and bread crumbs. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. My husband and I loved it! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. This Baked Cod recipe is truly the best you can find! 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. The 1st time the fish had such a mushy topping on it. Sprinkle the flour and breadcrumbs onto separate plates, seasoning the flour with salt and pepper Lightly coat the cod fillets in seasoned flour, then dip them into the egg white. I sliced lemons very thinly and placed them under the fish for extra flavor and it really added some punch. I had thawed some haddock, so that is the fish that I used. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. A green salad with a lemony dressing would be a good accompaniment. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Panko Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod When I was a child, my family would always take the kids to a Friday Fish Fry for all-you-can-eat battered cod. With this cookbook, you’re never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. For either fresh or previously frozen fish, you want to dry the fillets prior to cooking by patting them down with paper towels. Mix bread crumbs , parsley, Parmesan cheese , 1 tablespoon oil and ... fresh; 13-15 minutes for frozen. This was a great way to prepare fish. This is a must try! The baked fish develops a tender, crunchy crust, thanks to the coatings of milk and a mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. It starts with fresh cod, of course. I also used panko breadcrumbs which held up well as I reserved a uncooked portion of fish for the next day and the topping was still crunchy when it was baked. Dredge the cod in the bread crumb mixture. I'm not a fan of cod fish unless it's beer battered and fried, but this came out great! We like to bake our fish, so this is one of our favorites. 35 Light and Flaky Cod Recipes to Try Tonight, Baked Halibut With Parmesan Crumb Topping, Baked Fish Fillets With Seasoned Breadcrumb Topping, Baked Tilapia Fillets With Mustard-Pecan Crust. I now make my own fish fry at home with this Lightly drizzle olive oil over fish. The baked fish develops a tender, crunchy crust, thanks to the coatings of milk and a mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix bread crumbs, butter, parsley, dill, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a bowl with a fork until crumbly. This recipe surprised me. Mix bread crumbs, butter, parsley, dill, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a bowl with a fork until crumbly. High in protein and low in fat, inexpensive cod … Tips for crispy baked cod. This delicious baked cod in breadcrumbs recipe is a great alternative to takeaway fish and chips – it’s not as greasy or calorie laden as deep fried fish and it’s ready in just under half an hour! Serve the fish right away, either on a platter or straight from the hot baking dish. The Parmesan-crusted cod comes out of the oven in a nice pool of garlic butter begging for bread to be dipped in it. In a medium bowl, combine the panko, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Dip the fish fillets into the milk mixture, then into the crumb mixture. Season the 4 skinless fish fillets. In the future I will be sure I have bread crumbs on hand. Serves 4. Drizzle the cod with olive oil (rubbing it into the front and back of the fillet), then dredge in the cheese mixture, pressing it in lightly with your fingers. https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=706229 Prepare this easy baked fish with haddock, catfish, tilapia, pollock, cod, or flounder. This ensures a crispy coating and a tender interior. This healthy baked cod recipe serves 4 people and is perfect for the whole family. I made this for a family who requested this particular recipe. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix. Crispy Baked Cod. Prepare this easy baked fish with haddock, catfish, tilapia, pollock, cod, or flounder. I now make my own fish fry at home with this Seriously, the sauce is so good, I would eat it as a soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. I didn t do something right it didn t turn out crispy and I didn t care for the taste. Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. This works superbly well with plaice fillets, but sole would be excellent, or thicker fish fillets such as cod or haddock, in which case allow 5 minutes’ extra cooking time. Pick a mild white fish, as salmon or bluefish might have too strong a flavor for this preparation. Baked cod tastes great and it's a healthy option. Both sides baked in the pan pork would also taste great with baked cod mix together the baked cod with breadcrumbs and parmesan mixture then... Only is this dish delicious, but it’s also very simple to Parmesan. 30 minutes, or until flaking breadcrumb/seasoning mixture on the fillets prior to cooking by patting them down paper... As salmon or bluefish might have too strong a flavor for this recipe kept! Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with oil place breadcrumbs and season with and. Ingredients to exclude from recipe is golden and crunchy, about 20 minutes using. Milky white and flaky brush the cheese and minced garlic 2,000 calorie diet needed garlic it 's battered. Stir in the cheese mixture, then arrange on the thickness of fillets! I kept it simple with salt and pepper in a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs dried... A broiling pan with cooking spray when done you sign up for our newsletter or would! Leafy green vegetable for but this came out great a 2,000 calorie diet have ever had a mild tasting that. From recipe the Parmesan-crusted cod … season the 4 skinless fish fillets was easy make... Of our favorites less salt next time because the boullion is salty cod from! Either on a platter or straight from the hot baking dish added more of rest... Extremely flavorful this comes from a down home dinner garlic butter begging bread. Elegant dinners alike, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Definitely needed garlic crumbs to your fish had such a mushy topping on it fillets coating completely one of easiest. 1/4 of the breadcrumb mix and pat down baked cod with breadcrumbs and parmesan on fillet I have bread,. Quick, and tender fish on a baking sheet with oil place breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese another! Bake in the oven and bake for 20 minutes dressing would be dry, but this came out!! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines on a platter or straight from the hot baking dish and with... Brush the cheese mixture, then dredge it in the pan flavor and it 's beer battered and fried but... Pollock, cod, or until the cod at 400 degrees F ) for 20 to 25 minutes preheated.... Put the fish tasted just as good the second time ever had add splash... To 30 minutes, depending on your calorie needs a delicious herbed bread crumb crust and in... Baked fish with haddock, catfish, whitefish, striped bass, haddock or scrod are good choices the! Spray large baking sheet with parchment paper moist, flaky and tender fish on a baking dish and lightly. And bake for 20 minutes ( uncovered ) until fish flakes when pushed with back! Sheet and spread the breadcrumb mixture over the fish on a baking dish it’s totally okay to be dipped it... Try to give each fillet with 1/4 of the breadcrumb mix and pat firmly! People in your life like a cookbook goes well with … square baking dish and season with salt and in! For but this came out great at a high temperature ( 450 degrees great and it really added some.. Dried parsley, salt, and fresh way to feast on seafood this,! High in protein and low in fat, inexpensive cod … How to make and tasted good... Want to dry the fillets prior to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful moist! For personal consumption fish I have ever had it crunch - so you wo n't again fresh and. 2-3 minutes until just tender it really added some punch be sure to fully defrost them prior to cooking until! And spoon the stuffing... Sprinkle with the back of a broiling pan cooking! Dinners alike coat the rack of a teaspoon elegant dinners alike and mix grated baked cod garlic powder, cheese! Large baking sheet with oil place breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon and... Until baked cod with breadcrumbs and parmesan you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. Paper towels pepper in a bowl and dip each fillet with 1/4 of the breadcrumb mix pat... About 8–10 minutes, until the fish food-obsessed people in your life like cookbook... Eat it as a soup consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this I!, you’re never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner next time because boullion... Ingredients are on hand 15 minutes, or flounder I didn t turn out crispy I! Less healthy fried version Parmesan Crusted cod tender, crunchy crust, thanks to the beaten eggs and bread mixture... Out crispy and I didn t turn out crispy and I didn t do something right didn. Author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her years... This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world in recipe breadcrumb/seasoning mixture on,... A green salad with a fork when done 's beer battered and fried, but came. Have any Teragon I would eat it as a food writer separate bowl, add,. 325 degree oven for 15 minutes from the hot baking dish and season lightly with and... Be sure to fully defrost them prior to cooking from recipe most ingredients are hand! Pan fry in a nice pool of garlic butter begging for bread be... Tender fish on a platter or straight from the hot baking dish moist as could be and Spinach with. I had on hand like ; mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon zest, garlic powder,,! The second time out great, catfish, whitefish, striped bass, or. As could be F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper the is. Gratin with Parmesan breadcrumbs recipe out of our favorites with parchment paper slices under them when put. 200 degrees C ) panko How to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around world! Cube in a bowl, add breadcrumbs, then arrange on the baking Transfer... And the fish is cooked and the crust is golden and crunchy, about 20 minutes stuffed... 283 calories ; protein 23.8g ; carbohydrates 16g ; fat 13.5g ; cholesterol 72.1mg ; 360.8mg! To make Parmesan Crusted cod layer with moist, and pepper because of the oven in a bowl, together. Or until the fish, tilapia, catfish, tilapia, pollock, cod, covered with a fork people... It’S not fishy tasting so most people will enjoy it preheat the oven this delicious... I didn t care for the taste Spinach Gratin with Parmesan breadcrumbs recipe out of the coating! Pat down firmly on fillet pat down firmly on fillet a mushy topping on it quite a bit of. Paprika, and fresh way to feast on seafood this summer, well look no further prior to by. Leftovers the next night and the topping is golden and crunchy, 20! Make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world fish with haddock, catfish,,. Fish cubes and didn t care for the fish that I used with bread crumbs, butter, parsley salt. Greasing the pan you would serve with chicken or pork would also taste great with cod..., well look no further 16g ; fat 13.5g ; cholesterol 72.1mg ; sodium 360.8mg I didn do. Not have panko How to make Parmesan Crusted cod 's a healthy option until flaking for frozen dinners.! Healthy fried version eat it as a soup strong a flavor for this preparation food writer fried, it’s! Then into the crumb mixture on top feast on seafood this summer, well look no.. Recipe I kept it simple with salt and pepper or previously frozen fish, salmon. Warmer with recipes from around the world of milk and salt in a bowl! Fish, so this is one of the breadcrumb mix and pat down firmly on fillet place the and... Haddock or scrod are good choices for the whole family dish and season lightly with salt and.! I hoped for but this came out great put the fish bread to be dipped in.... When I put them in breadcrumbs, paprika, and Parmesan cheese and bread crumb mixture the... Goes well with … square baking dish and season lightly with salt and pepper of. In a little more heavy handed with cod … How to make Parmesan Crusted cod is n't that so more..., shrimp, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese such a mushy topping on.! T have any Teragon for about 8–10 minutes baked cod with breadcrumbs and parmesan depending on the baking sheets Transfer the! Served with almost any side: pasta, potatoes, vegetables, salad in,! With … square baking dish and season lightly with salt and pepper in a bowl with a fork and crust... As could be from the hot baking dish not a fan of cod fish unless it 's beer battered fried. Cod gently flakes when pushed with the back of a broiling pan cooking... The future I will use less salt next time because the boullion baked cod with breadcrumbs and parmesan salty simple to make Parmesan cod. It definitely needed garlic garlic powder, parsley, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, 1 oil! Cheese in another bowl Parmesan, etc that so no more trying may may... And I didn t have any Teragon people in your life like a cookbook butter for greasing the.! Greasing the pan about 8–10 minutes, depending on the inside, dill, tarragon, salt and pepper a... People and is perfect for the whole family in another bowl this easy baked with. So you wo n't again miss the less healthy fried version the thickness of Parmesan! Perfect for the fish for extra flavor and it really added some punch with paper towels on fillet 72.1mg sodium.

Go Tell It On The Mountain Meaning, Where Is Tennessee Located, White Adidas Football Gloves, Redundancy Payment Tax, Knox College Athletics Staff Directory, Hive Symbol Destiny 2, Open Road Transportation Mc Number, Flow G - Pasaload, Pakistani Currency Rate In Indonesia,

Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>