TSCPL is organizing the Second RBM&E Forum 2013 for Learn MandE
Learn MandE aims to promote debate, discussion and exchange of knowledge on M&E practice in the development sector among practitioners. The Pan Asia-Africa Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation (RBM&E) Forum, is a Learn MandE initiative. The first RBM&E Forum was held in November, 2012 in Bangkok. Almost 100 delegates, including representatives from donor organisations, national and international consulting companies, local implementing partners, and M&E consultants and researchers met over a three day period to hear about and discuss topics associate with the Forum theme, RBM&E and Beyond: Increasing M&E Effectiveness”.
The 2nd Pan Asia-Africa RBM&E Forum is being specifically developed to meet the needs of M&E/RBM&E practitioners and Program Managers, as well as those that provide support services to them. Given donors’ current focus of on Effectiveness and Value for Money (VfM) these two topics have been selected as this year’s main Forum theme.
This year’s Forum is also jointly being hosted TSCPL and Solutions or Effective Development (SfED).
The Forum this year has been developed to encourage learning and sharing of RBM&E knowledge and experiences among practitioners. More specifically the 2013 Forum aims to:-
- To encourage delegates to learn about and share their favorite RBM&E methods and tools, especially those related to the Forum’s main themes
- To provide opportunities for delegates to assess the effectiveness of RBM&E in their own organizations so that they have a baseline for developing more effective RBM&E systems.
- To give delegates a better understanding of how effectiveness and VfM can be introduced.
- To assist delegates to identify the most suitable effectiveness and VfM approaches for their organization
- To provide opportunities for RBM&E networking
- To offer delegates the opportunity to also attend a workshop immediately after the Forum and in the same hotel at a reduced rate.